Friday, April 19, 2019

OOPS!




I awoke the other morning to the alarm at 5:30. Suddenly it flashed into my mind that I was supposed to be at work at 6:00 o'clock this morning. I had forgotten to set my alarm for 5:15 and now as my feet hit the floor I was already running late. I rushed to get dressed, feed the cat and attend to the other small tasks of getting ready to go to work. I realized that there was no bread in the house so that meant that I would need to stop at Wawa and pick up a sandwich; more time wasted. And since it was so late, I would have no time to eat breakfast, so perhaps I could stop at the Café and get a breakfast sandwich. I barely had time to kiss my wife before running out the door. And just as I was about to close the garage door, I heard her calling, "Ken, it's Sunday!" Never have I felt so happy to listen to my wife! Hahaha!

Of all the things I've ever lost, it's my mind I miss the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment