Sunday, October 14, 2018

Unusual Footprints on the Sand

We all are familiar with the "Footprints in the Sand" poem. Here is a variation -- a rather insightful variation -- on that theme. I thought it would be a wonderful addition to my blog which have the footprints theme.


Footprints Revisited-Transcribed from Vertical Hold video 5/19/04

One night I had a wondrous dream
A set of prints on the sand was seen
The footprints of my precious Lord
Yet mine were not along the shore

But then a stranger print appeared
I asked the Lord 
What have we here?
This print it large and round and neat
But Lord it’s just too big for feet

My child, he said in somber tones
For miles, I carried you alone 
I challenged you to seek my face
Take up your cross and walk in grace

You disobeyed, you would not grow
You would not stand against the flow
Your neck was stiff your ears were shut
So there I dropped you on your butt!


Because in life there comes a time 
When one must fight, when one must climb
When one must rise and take a stand
Or leave one's butt prints in the sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment